The Memorial Cross is a historic feature in our community space which dates back to 1907. At that time there was a flood in the crypt under the church which affected the tombs of those buried in the crypt. Consequently remains were removed from the flooded crypt and re-interned in a casket and memorial cross erected. The Memorial Cross is designed with outward facing seats to provide rest for those visiting this space. We have recently had extensive repairs done to the paving around the Memorial Cross to provide a safe area to walk on.